General Information

A Brief History
For many years residents and members of the Fort Lupton and Southern Weld County had expressed their desire to have a museum in Fort Lupton.  In the 1950's Ralph Haynes one of the first mail carriers donated his arrowhead collection, to the City of Fort Lupton, to start a museum, it was put on display in the public library.  In September of 1982 a room at newly  built City Hall became the city's museum, providing space for the Haynes, arrowhead collection, as well as, many other artifacts.   

In 1993 the city needed more office space and the Fort Lupton Museum Committee headed by town historian Nancy Penfold, had received  and collected more items  than one room could hold.  It was decided that the lovely, old historic, library building across the street from City Hall would become the new Fort Lupton City Museum.  The 1929 Carnegie style Library now Museum building was given historical designation in 1996.
The old public library was built in 1929 by architect John J. Huddart. Mr. Huddart had built numerous prominent structures in Denver and throughout Colorado. The Fort Lupton City Museum building was one of his last works, before he passed away in 1930 at the age of 74. The library was consolidated with the high school library at 421 S. Denver Avenue in 1976.

Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Fort Lupton City Museum to protect, promote, and preserve historical artifacts, data, public records, and teaching materials that pertain to Fort Lupton's heritage and history of our surrounding area. Also to facilitate the education and enrichment of the lives of our citizens, their families, and visitors, through interpretive, interactive exhibits, displays, and activities.